About Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University is part of the largest higher education campus in the UK and one of the most extensive education centres in Europe.
There are many reasons to study at Manchester Metropolitan University and we're proud to be one of the most popular* universities for applications in the UK. We have over 37,000 students across a range of subjects including accounting and finance, business and management, science and engineering, healthcare and social work, clothing design and technology, art and design, humanities, law and teaching.
Offering subject areas that serve industry, commerce and the professions, the University has built up an enviable reputation for providing work-ready graduates with the mix of thinking, problem-solving and practical skills that employers want.
Leading the way
Based across six sites, including one in Cheshire, our university buildings range from ultra-modern to traditional and offer extensive facilities and vibrant undergraduate communities. With academic roots dating back to the early nineteenth century, Manchester Metropolitan University has a proud tradition of excellence and a reputation for welcoming students from a diverse range of backgrounds, countries and cultures.
Our specialist Accounting and Finance research group is part of the Research Institute for Business and Management. The Institute draws together over 50 research active staff and 70 postgraduate researchers and has extensive links with academic institutions worldwide including Europe, America and the Middle-East.
We're focused on your career
- 84%† of our accounting & finance graduates go straight into work or further study within six months of graduation.
- We offer professionally relevant courses which place your future career at the heart of your learning and more than 70 professional associations recognise the quality and practical focus of our courses.
- You'll benefit from the strong, professionally-focused relationships that our academic staff have built with many organisations and companies at regional, national and international levels.
- With world-class facilities and dedicated, professional staff, we ensure our students graduate ready for the workplace.
“Employers tell us they don’t just want people who can pass exams, they’re looking for graduates who can present themselves well; they’re looking for people with confidence and initiative, and we try to embed that into every course that we teach”
* Over 56,000 applications received in 2012/13. Data provided by UCAS.
† Source: DLHE survey 2010 for all respondents available for employment or further study and whose destinations are known.